As a luxury home seller, you know that selling to buyers with sizable incomes can be challenging. You’re generally dealing with highly intelligent decision makers who don’t want to settle for anything but the best. Therefore, your luxury home listings must stand out and must say exactly what those buyers want to hear.
8 Ways To Make Your Luxury Home Listings Pop
1. The pictures and the listing form don’t tell the whole story. Therefore you must highlight the amenities that aren’t easily seen. Things such as a that picturesque view or that the home overlooks a conservation area, or that it’s a lakefront / beachfront property or any other type of attraction.
2. Your listing must be precise. Don’t use vague terms such as “newly remodeled kitchen.” Elude to all the brand name appliances then mention the top quality granite countertops and the custom cabinets that have the easy-glide pull-out shelves or anything else that will make your listing stand out.
3. You should cover as many potential “hot buttons” as possible. Build upon the things that may be appealing to a large scope of buyers. Such as: the new roof, the downstairs master suite or the saltwater pool. You’ll want to mention things that are out of the norm and things that will make your listing stand out above the competition.
4. Don’t use too much fluff. Use great adjectives such as beautiful, gorgeous or other descriptive words while avoiding too much exaggeration. The last thing you want is the buyer to tour the home with too high an expectation only to find that it didn’t live up to the listing description.
5. Weave your listing into a sweet sounding story that will help the buyer envision the home in their mind versus shouting out a list of amenities at them.
6. You must use good grammar. If your buyers see that your listing is riddled with typos and bad grammar, they’ll move on to another ad that is more professionally written. Remember, you’re dealing with highly intelligent people who want to do business with realtors who they feel confident that they’ll be receiving the best representation possible in their quest for a new home.
7. Psychology works well and should be used in all your luxury home listings. Phrases such as “Priced To Sell” and “Best Buy” are good examples of psychological words that lead people to believe they could be missing out on a great deal.
8. Paint a picture of the lifestyle. Most buyers are motivated by their emotions. Therefore, you’ll need to mention how a home is a place to make memories. Then lead them into what types of memories they’ll be creating. Such as: relaxing or socializing at the pool or talk about the Forth of July barbecue with their friends in their new outdoor kitchen. Or perhaps watching the big game on their new outdoor television and their state of the art electronics system. You should also include the conveniences they will enjoy such as an easy commute, walking trails, exemplary schools, etc.
There are many ways to make your luxury home listings pop. Be creative and do everything you can to be different from your competition. Try different things to see what works and what doesn’t. When you find something that works build on it and you’ll be well on your way to success!
Contact us if you’d like more information about how to craft a winning luxury home listing. TradeAddresses was founded in 1990 by a highly experienced group of San Francisco commercial real estate veterans. In 2009 we incorporated our commercial site with high-end residential real estate listings. Call us today. We look forward to hearing from you.